- Uninsured airbnb's.
A little more education you may want to consider regarding host liability. I do not endorse this company or any company thar I provide links to BUT I do believe they hold merit. I do however believe in third party insurance for my travelers as well but I never require it.
1) Illegal airbnb's. Insecure airbnbs and the like.
Nowhere is it required that hosts must adhere to rules and regulations of state or even country (lack thereof) with actual repercussions. And like mentioned there is a lack of these. You wouldn't believe the number of airbnb's that are running illegally, insecured or unsafe. Is that really what you as an unaware traveler want for you and your family? Again, this is not to deter you from airbnb's - just make you aware of what you should be aware of BEFORE you move forward with an airbnb. My mentions are because I as a Travel Professional truly care about my clients whom often become customers and in most cases, friends. Please folks. Do your due diligence!
- host or company can cancel the stay at any time even unbeknowest to the host. No guarantees. Host and the airbnb communication between each other is not always the best even!
- Scams are more possible than ever.
- unsafe conditions of the property.
- Bug infestations
- Broken amenities
- Hostile, intrusive, criminal background, pedophile, sexual offender. Is that the kind of host you are hiring? No background checks by airbnbs.
- Crime, theft, other.
- Hidden cameras
- Undisclosed roommates (your host can add other people into the home to stay with you).
- Illegal drugs present.
- Unsafe neighborhood.
- Illegal sub-letting. Some properties may not even be owned by the host!
- Lack of child and disability friendly accommodations.
- The list goes on and on and on...
3) Cheaper. What affects to the community are you taking part?
4) Communication, Communication, Communication.
5) Lack of Privacy.